Start a new topic
Answered

Filter a drop-down list depending on the value selected in another field

I have a fairly simple Address object with a collection and form. The Address links to parent tables for Country and Region (ISO based lists). Where it appears on the Address form, I want to filter the list of Regions to limit to only those that belong to the Country already entered on the form (Country/Region are independently linked). Is this doable?

Best Answer

If you're looking for a way to filter the references in a data entry use case, use reference selection filters. They're also called "Reference Picker" and "Picker Filter". You will need to write a SemQL filter condition. Here's the documentation:

If you're looking for a way to filter the references in a data entry use case, use reference selection filters. They're also called "Reference Picker" and "Picker Filter". You will need to write a SemQL filter condition (refer to the documentation here).

If you want a working example, follow the Product Retail tutorial model which has a reference selection filter for Family and SubFamily: https://www.semarchy.com/tutorials-content/product-retail-demo/#0 

Hi Mmalek, can you share more details about:

• Your use case
  • The encountered issue(s)

Hello Cedric Blanc,

We have one entity Person which will have person's basic info. Another entity is ManagementHierarchy. It basically stores information about the person's role and to whom he is reporting. Please look at the below image for reference. We have two relationships between the two tables. first is for fetching person's  info and another is for fetching  reports to person's info

We want to filter ReportsToPerson based on the Role of the person.

for example: if the person's Role is Vice President then possible RepotsToPerson can have a Role only Senior Vice President.

We are facing this issue while authoring SiteManagementHierarchy entity via Application.

Hope to get a reply soon as we have to complete this work on priority.

Thank you,

Minhaz

I have the same scenario. I read the above-mentioned documents. But, not found any solution.  Can you please help

Answer

If you're looking for a way to filter the references in a data entry use case, use reference selection filters. They're also called "Reference Picker" and "Picker Filter". You will need to write a SemQL filter condition. Here's the documentation:

If you're looking for a way to filter the references in a data entry use case, use reference selection filters. They're also called "Reference Picker" and "Picker Filter". You will need to write a SemQL filter condition (refer to the documentation here).

If you want a working example, follow the Product Retail tutorial model which has a reference selection filter for Family and SubFamily: https://www.semarchy.com/tutorials-content/product-retail-demo/#0 

Login to post a comment