Start a new topic
Answered

Display data from other Semarchy environment

I've spent several days in getting this work... I'm running out of ideas, so I hope this might provide me new perspectives.

Situation: We are building a second Semarchy environment (driver for this is legacy licenses).  The new environment runs on SQL Server, the other on Oracle (reason: legacy!).  Within the new environment, we load a customer code as attribute in an entity.  With this code, we should be able to lookup information on the other Semarchy environment.  For example: the golden customer name.  I don't want to load this extra information in the new environment, as it's managed somewhere else.  I only want to display it.

What I've tried:

1) REST API.   The REST client configuration works well, but can only be used within an enricher.  (I don't want to store the information, only display)

2) Dashboard.  It's possible to use a pivot table, but it only displays 1 value (what if I want to extend it with the country?) and I need to add a measure (I can use 1 as default).  I works but it's not good enough.

3) Database function.  The only way to query the Oracle database is via OPENQUERY.  This function doesn't allow variables (so I cannot pass the customer_id as a parameter).

4) Database - Stored procedure - query.  To pass a variable to the OPENQUERY, you can use EXEC with a pre-defined query.  Works well, but the form in Semarchy only works with real functions.   With stored procedures it throws a SQL error, as the function is simply put in the SELECT.   (ps: it's not documented properly)

How would you make this work?

Best Answer

Hi Bart, 

To display data at the xDM interfaces, the data must at least be present at the xDM instance level. For this, we recommend you to copy the data into the target database and to use a specific function in order to retrieve the data and display it in a Markdown property so that it fits the xDM GUIs. This means that a replication/synchronization mechanism must be implemented.

Another way is to build a URL that takes the client code as a parameter to point to the other environment. In this case, you will have to make sure that the user is declared in the AD of your other environment so that they can access the related client view.

Best regards. 

Answer

Hi Bart, 

To display data at the xDM interfaces, the data must at least be present at the xDM instance level. For this, we recommend you to copy the data into the target database and to use a specific function in order to retrieve the data and display it in a Markdown property so that it fits the xDM GUIs. This means that a replication/synchronization mechanism must be implemented.

Another way is to build a URL that takes the client code as a parameter to point to the other environment. In this case, you will have to make sure that the user is declared in the AD of your other environment so that they can access the related client view.

Best regards. 

Hello,
Except possible performance limits, the "pivot table" idea with a chart parameter seems to work.
I do not understand "I need to add a measure (I can use 1 as default)" ; it is possible for me on 2023.1.0 to add many measures.
Here an example :

Regards,
Romain.

Login to post a comment