The Semarchy Forums allow logged-in users to create and participate in discussions called Topics organized in categories (xDM, xDI) and forums. In this article, you will learn how to use the main features of Forums.
Stay Informed with Announcements
In the xDM Announcements and xDI Announcements forums, you can read the latest news about Semarchy products such as new releases and security notices.
To always stay informed, subscribe to notifications for all new messages by following these forums (more details below).
Follow Forums and Topics
Use the Follow feature in any forum or topic to receive a notification every time a new message is posted:
To ask a question about Semarchy xDM or xDI to Semarchy experts and other members:
- On your Semarchy support portal, open Forums, and then click Start a new topic.
- On the topic creation form:
- Enter a Topic Name that summarizes your question or the discussion you want to start.
- Type your question in the Message field. Provide as many details as possible.
- In the Post topic in drop-down list, select the most accurate forum where to post your question.
- Optionally, attach files to your topic.
- When your topic is ready to send, click the Save button.
- After an automated validation, your topic will be visible to other users in the forum you selected. You will receive notifications every time a member replies to your Topic.
- Mark the best reply: when you are satisfied with an answer you received, mark it as the "best reply" by clicking the following button.
To help other members understand your context, provide as much detail as possible in your topic's initial message by using screenshots, code snippets, stacktraces...
Complete your profile
Make sure your user profile on the Semarchy Support Portal is complete and up-to-date (in particular your company and job title).
- Keep your profile up-to-date: this helps the Semarchy team and other members to know who you are and what your context is.
- Do not spam several topics with the same message.
- State concisely and clearly the topic in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search by subject.
- Don’t challenge or attack others. The discussions on the forum are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. This includes pictures. Do not post anything in a post message that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Remain respectful of other members at all times. All posts should be professional and courteous.
General Posting Guidelines
Before asking for something, always search for it first: a powerful search engine is available at any time in the portal's header and returns any article or topic that contains the words you entered.
Do not post duplicate topics
While you are typing the title of a topic, similar topics are displayed instantly. If a matching topic exists, check for its content first and create a new topic only if your question differs.
Use meaningful and concise topic titles
Be descriptive yet concise in topic titles so that other members know immediately what your topic is about.
Don't use titles such as "Help me", "Hello", "Very Urgent", "I have a question"...
Provide details in messages
Provide as much detail as you can in messages:
- Stacktraces and error messages