Start a new topic
Answered

Where is data from rejected rows available?

If this is in the documentation forgive me but I can't find it. When importing, for either Job related or manual import, are errors in the data for REJECTED rows logged somewhere in the database? That is those that do NOT load in first place and never made it into the SD_ SA_ tables. For Data Steward governance I would like to be able to create a summary dashboard of issues by type and maybe be able to report on those to the Steward so he knows (especially for any automated loading like CI or REST{}) that there are issues with the data that are not obvious from the "Source With Errors" view. Thanks :).

Best Answer

Yes, records that have errors are logged into the SE - source errors - and AE - authoring errors - tables. You can also create a business view to track records with errors in the UI.  

Here is a screenshot of our Customer B2C model, with a business view of Customers records with errors. 

If this is in the documentation forgive me but I can't find it. When importing, for either Job related or manual import, are errors in the data for REJECTED rows logged somewhere in the database? That is those that do NOT load in first place and never made it into the SD_ SA_ tables.  For Data Steward governance I would like to be able to create a summary dashboard of issues by type and maybe be able to report on those to the Steward so he knows (especially for any automated loading like CI or REST{}) that there are issues with the data that are not obvious from the "Source With Errors" view. Thanks :).

Here is how we configured the view in the App Builder.  

If this is in the documentation forgive me but I can't find it. When importing, for either Job related or manual import, are errors in the data for REJECTED rows logged somewhere in the database? That is those that do NOT load in first place and never made it into the SD_ SA_ tables.  For Data Steward governance I would like to be able to create a summary dashboard of issues by type and maybe be able to report on those to the Steward so he knows (especially for any automated loading like CI or REST{}) that there are issues with the data that are not obvious from the "Source With Errors" view. Thanks :).
1 Comment

Answer

Yes, records that have errors are logged into the SE - source errors - and AE - authoring errors - tables. You can also create a business view to track records with errors in the UI.  

Here is a screenshot of our Customer B2C model, with a business view of Customers records with errors. 

Here is how we configured the view in the App Builder.  

Login to post a comment