Start a new topic
Answered

How to make and embedded collection available in a stepper?

I have added an embedded collection to a form. It's working nicely in the business view where the form is browsed BUT it's not available in the stepper where the form is edited. Is there any way to make the embedded collection visible and editable also in the stepper where the form is edited? (In the form I have both normal attributes and embedded collections and for the user it would be nice to have the browsing view similar to the editing view.)

Best Answer

You cannot use embedded collections in a stepper. However, you can create a collection step which will author records referencing the current record in the form. Keep in mind that the stepper that you create the collection must be the parent, and that you are adding child reference.

1. Navigate to the Stepper editor, scroll down to the Steps tree table.

2.  Select the collection step under which you want to create a collection step.

3.  In this table’s toolbar, click the  Add Collection Step button.

I have added an embedded collection to a form. It's working nicely in the business view where the form is browsed BUT it's not available in the stepper where the form is edited. Is there any way to make the embedded collection visible and editable also in the stepper where the form is edited? (In the form I have both normal attributes and embedded collections and for the user it would be nice to have the browsing view similar to the editing view.)

4.. In the Create Collection Step wizard, enter the following values:

* Name: Internal name of the object.

* Label: User-friendly label in this collection step.

* Reference: Reference to follow to identify the child records to author.

* Collection: Select the collection used to display the child records.

6. Click Next.

The Create Steps step of the wizard displays the forms defined for the child entity, expanded to the section level.

7. Select the tabs or sections from which you want to create steps:

* Each selected form tab will appear as a form step showing all its child section and form fields.

* Each selected form section will appear as a form step showing all its form fields.

8. Click Finish to close the wizard.

In the UI, when creating or editing a record, you will then have the ability to also create the child records added in the Stepper. 

1 Comment

Answer

You cannot use embedded collections in a stepper. However, you can create a collection step which will author records referencing the current record in the form. Keep in mind that the stepper that you create the collection must be the parent, and that you are adding child reference.

1. Navigate to the Stepper editor, scroll down to the Steps tree table.

2.  Select the collection step under which you want to create a collection step.

3.  In this table’s toolbar, click the  Add Collection Step button.

4.. In the Create Collection Step wizard, enter the following values:

* Name: Internal name of the object.

* Label: User-friendly label in this collection step.

* Reference: Reference to follow to identify the child records to author.

* Collection: Select the collection used to display the child records.

6. Click Next.

The Create Steps step of the wizard displays the forms defined for the child entity, expanded to the section level.

7. Select the tabs or sections from which you want to create steps:

* Each selected form tab will appear as a form step showing all its child section and form fields.

* Each selected form section will appear as a form step showing all its form fields.

8. Click Finish to close the wizard.

In the UI, when creating or editing a record, you will then have the ability to also create the child records added in the Stepper. 

Login to post a comment