Start a new topic
Answered

Attaching Child Entities To Parents when FID is unknown

I have two entities

I want to link them based on the matching tag attribute. When loading entries into the streaming tags entity, how do I find the value needed for the log equip foreign field?

Best Answer

if my understanding is correct, you want to load StreamingTags using the "Matching Tag" as a reference to your LogEquip entity, then use this to populate properly your FID_LogEquip, right?

Then you can

• create a Lookup Enricher using
  • Mapping Table, Lookup Column, and Output Columnas Plug-in Params, pointing to your LogEquip GD table
  • MatchingTag as Input Lookup Value
  • FID_LogEquip as Output Value #1

Sample Lookup Enricher configuration

• set its Enrichment Scope to Pre-consolidation only so that the job triggers your enricher during the certification process.
  • you might need additional configurations like Fallback Behavior and Fallback Value Plug-in Params in the case where the parent entity does not find any result.

So after completing the above settings and deploying your model, you can see the output is putting the same MatchingTag value in both the child and parent entity records, so here you can see the FDN_LogEquip column value which points to the parent entity record.

1 Comment

Answer

if my understanding is correct, you want to load StreamingTags using the "Matching Tag" as a reference to your LogEquip entity, then use this to populate properly your FID_LogEquip, right?

Then you can

• create a Lookup Enricher using
  • Mapping Table, Lookup Column, and Output Columnas Plug-in Params, pointing to your LogEquip GD table
  • MatchingTag as Input Lookup Value
  • FID_LogEquip as Output Value #1

Sample Lookup Enricher configuration

• set its Enrichment Scope to Pre-consolidation only so that the job triggers your enricher during the certification process.
  • you might need additional configurations like Fallback Behavior and Fallback Value Plug-in Params in the case where the parent entity does not find any result.

So after completing the above settings and deploying your model, you can see the output is putting the same MatchingTag value in both the child and parent entity records, so here you can see the FDN_LogEquip column value which points to the parent entity record.

Login to post a comment