Start a new topic
Answered

Model export takes long

We encountered today an issue with model export. We got 2 kind of errors and the issue occurred in several environments. We tried like 10 times and few times we were able to export the model but mainly we couldn't export the model.

Two error logs are attached:
- one file with full DEBUG logging on root
- one file with less logging

Here are few examples from the logs:
!ENTRY com.semarchy.ui.commons.util 2 0 2022-11-18 08:55:59.775
!MESSAGE Issue occured while file downloading (Message reported by logger com.semarchy.ui.commons.util.download.DownloadServiceHandler, current authenticated user: 'ext-kalle.karlin@yit.fi')
!STACK 0
org.apache.catalina.connector.ClientAbortException: java.net.SocketTimeoutException

!ENTRY com.semarchy.ui.commons.util 2 0 2022-11-18 08:38:13.422
!MESSAGE Issue occured while file downloading (Message reported by logger com.semarchy.ui.commons.util.download.DownloadServiceHandler, current authenticated user: 'ext-Marjaana.Heikkinen@yit.fi')
!STACK 0
org.apache.catalina.connector.ClientAbortException: java.io.IOException: Broken pipe

Best Answer
Export functionality does a lot of SQL queries. At the moment, I don't think we need to catch THE QUERY that takes a long to execute before I'm sure that statistics are up to date on the repository tables.
 Just run statistics on all repository tables (run a full vacuum).
1 Comment

Answer
Export functionality does a lot of SQL queries. At the moment, I don't think we need to catch THE QUERY that takes a long to execute before I'm sure that statistics are up to date on the repository tables.
 Just run statistics on all repository tables (run a full vacuum).
Login to post a comment