Start a new topic
Answered

Attachment handling

Although we can set up binary attributes to upload a file within a form, is it possible to configure the field to allow multi-file uploads, and store additional metadata such as the file name?

A suggestion was made to explore an automation process where a file is uploaded within a Semarchy application, which would trigger a write of the file to somewhere like SharePoint, and once complete, it would provide the URL link to the file - is this a feasible approach? 

I'd like to get your opinion on alternate ways to approach attachment handling within applications, as I would ideally like to avoid having integrations run for in-progress tasks, especially when we plan to have workflow processes established.

Best Answer

Hi Mohammad,

your Sharepoint approach looks great to me. You can upload the file into Semarchy, trigger a Rest Client enriched to call your SharePoint endpoints and push the file into it, retrieve the answer that should have the URL in it in a separate field, and then have another enricher resetting the binary attribute value to null.

In the end, you can call it each time a new file is uploaded and concatenate all retrieved URLs into a single markdown field to have multiple attributes browsable by your end users.

This should work properly and be user-friendly.

I hope this helps.

Stéphanie.

Hello Rehman,

An attribute with a binary data type can only hold one file.
Perhaps you could try merging the documents into one file before you upload.

Thanks

Answer

Hi Mohammad,

your Sharepoint approach looks great to me. You can upload the file into Semarchy, trigger a Rest Client enriched to call your SharePoint endpoints and push the file into it, retrieve the answer that should have the URL in it in a separate field, and then have another enricher resetting the binary attribute value to null.

In the end, you can call it each time a new file is uploaded and concatenate all retrieved URLs into a single markdown field to have multiple attributes browsable by your end users.

This should work properly and be user-friendly.

I hope this helps.

Stéphanie.

Login to post a comment