Start a new topic
Answered

How to configure case insensitive global search for an attribute/ all searchable attributes?

How to configure case insensitive global search for an attribute/ all searchable attributes?

Best Answer

Hello Kosuik,

Please follow the below steps while configuring your custom search form-

1. Put a semql condition like this - 

upper(FirstName) =upper(:SEARCH_PARAM_NAME)

It will allow you to make your search case insensitive.

2. Whenever you search it will show you result as expected-

Thank you.

Hello Kousik,

Global search is already configured as case insensitive for all the attributes defined for a Business view or as configured in the Global search configuration-

Please find it at the below path-

Thank you

Whenever we create global search we need to provide some details. Like here in image i provided related to what i want to search and in search type i provided Full-Text [Search Configuration] by this it will search in all attribute of provided business view and it is case insensitive. 

Thank you for your response. You are absolutely right, Global search by default case insensitive.

But I created a search form and search param for an entity and using those search form and param to configure Search Type, Search Parameter, in that case global search seems not to appear as case insensitive.

For example: I configured search type = < Entity1SearchForm>, Search Parameter=Name, then this global search is not providing me result of record as expected. If I search for name containing 'bank' and again 'Bank' it is giving two different results. Though this search form working perfectly while using in that particular view as filter.

Please suggest.

Answer

Hello Kosuik,

Please follow the below steps while configuring your custom search form-

1. Put a semql condition like this - 

upper(FirstName) =upper(:SEARCH_PARAM_NAME)

It will allow you to make your search case insensitive.

2. Whenever you search it will show you result as expected-

Thank you.

1 person likes this

Thank you for your response.

Login to post a comment