Start a new topic
Answered

Create New Record and Import records referring same action set but showing different forms. How to resolve that?

Create New Record and Import records referring same action set but showing different forms. How to resolve that?

I have created 1 ID matched entity (with <ID> as Primarykey, <Name>, <Code>, <Description> as fields). Then I have created a collection with Only <Name> and <Description>, while display card configured to show <Code> value. (excluded <Code> as dispaly card already showing the value, and also excluded <ID> column).

Then I have created 2 forms. 1 for view, with <ID>, <Code>, <Name>, <Description> all the fields.

2nd form for EDIT purpose:  with <Name>, <Code>, <Description> fields.

Now, during Data Authoring from MDM,

while I am selecting Create/Edit a single record function from Business View ( Semarchy Application front end) it is asking to provide/modify <Name>, <Code> , <Description> values as expected.

But while I am selecting Import function from that application and trying to map a excel (Excel has 3 cols : <Name>, <Code>, <Description>), I am not getting <Code> column to map my excel data. Similarly, when I exported records, it excluded <Code> fields.

Seems like it is considering only the fields present in the collection excluding the display card.

But I expected to have <Code> fields as well in the Import and Export structure.

Can you please suggest how it can be possible?

Best Answer

Hello Kousik,

You can check on the 'Export all columns' to export all the columns in your entity-

It is greyed out for me because all the columns are already present in the collection, in case where you have not included your columns to the collection then you need to enable this, which will export all the columns.

Thanks.

Hello Kousik,

You need to create a different collection for import in order to get the <code> value as your existing collection not have <code>, please create a different collection and configure it in the stepper related to the 'Import' action set-

1. Go to your Action set and select the import action-

2. Click on the stepper and go to the collection step->Display

3. Select the collection where you have <code> attribute present, it will solves your issue.

Thank you.

1 person likes this

Thank you very much Subham for your detail reply. It worked for Import. Can you suggest how I can implement similar functionality for EXPORT function to include <Code> field ( i.e. while exporting from the collection 1 UI page without <code> field in that collection).

Regards,

Kousik

Answer

Hello Kousik,

You can check on the 'Export all columns' to export all the columns in your entity-

It is greyed out for me because all the columns are already present in the collection, in case where you have not included your columns to the collection then you need to enable this, which will export all the columns.

Thanks.

1 person likes this

Thank you Subham for your response.

Login to post a comment