Start a new topic
Answered

Import GH table for particular Entity through Reverse-Engineering from entity level

When I try to import GH table for particular Entity through Reverse-Engineering from entity level, While validating the imported GH table, I'm facing some errors as "Invalid physical name on Bclassname : B_CLASSNAME matches the reserved pattern B_CLASSNAME". How to resolve this error?

Best Answer

Hi Mony

The columns that start with 'B_' are reserved names. These columns such as B_CLASSNAME are generated automatically by xDM when a model is deployed. So you won't be able to name an attribute 'b_classname' in your entity.

But why are you trying to reverse-engineer a table which has already been created by the deployment process? It doesn't make much sense. The fact that you have a GH table means that you already have that entity from which the GH (and GD etc.) tables were generated.

What are you trying to acheive?

Regards, Peter

Answer

Hi Mony

The columns that start with 'B_' are reserved names. These columns such as B_CLASSNAME are generated automatically by xDM when a model is deployed. So you won't be able to name an attribute 'b_classname' in your entity.

But why are you trying to reverse-engineer a table which has already been created by the deployment process? It doesn't make much sense. The fact that you have a GH table means that you already have that entity from which the GH (and GD etc.) tables were generated.

What are you trying to acheive?

Regards, Peter

Hello Peter
I want to get GH tables into UI ( GD,SA and SAE are already present in Entity folder of Semarchy UI but not GH)
If we Reverse-Engineer the GH table from backend DB in Application Builder then creating default application components for particular GH Entity . So I thought may be that way I can access GH table in UI.
Hi Mony

I think I have already answered a previous question from you: it is not possible to expose the GH view in the Entities folder.

You can view the Golden History via a Business View Transition

What is your business requirement?

Regards, Peter

Hi Peter
Thanks for the information

We are trying to capture the data changes for a particular entity ( we achieved the use case from the backend DB)

we are curious that whether we can achieve getting the GH table from UI itself . (Though we can get GH from Transitions but it applies for single record in particular entity but not the entire Entity)

I got the point that : it is not possible to expose the GH view in the Entities folder.

Thanks a lot,
Preetham

Login to post a comment