Start a new topic
Answered

Multi-level survivorship rule (publisher priority / most recent value)

I need to configure a multi level survivorship rule such that within highest priority source I select most recent value from the records. Can you assist?

Best Answer

To configure a multiple level survivorship rule using the multiple attribute and highest ranking you will need to use a case statement. The syntax for case is in the following link - https://www.semarchy.com/doc/semarchy-xdm/xdm/5.3/SemQL/functions.html#_case_expression

For example, I am trying to use multiple attribute ( PublisherID, Status) and using custom ranking option in the survivorship rule. 

I need to configure a multi level survivorship rule such that within highest priority source I select most recent value from the records. Also, Can you please share some samples for reference that can be used for custom ranking involving multiple attributes ?

The ranking expression has the following query 

CASE UPPER(PublisherID) 
  when 'MKT' then 1 
   when 'CRM' then 2  
   when 'HR' then 3 
   when 'MANUAL' then 4  
   else 5 
end 
ASC, 
CASE UPPER(Status) 
  WHEN 'ACTIVE' THEN 1  
  WHEN 'CLOSED' THEN 2  
  WHEN 'DNU' THEN 3  
ELSE 4 
END ASC, 
COALESCE(Orders, 0) DESC

COALESCE(LastUsedDate,MAKE_DATE(1900,1,1))DESC

To elaborate further, the rule  picks the preferred publisher ( highest ranked is ‘MKT’) and status (highest ranked is ‘Active’) and also picking up the lasted record by ordering on Last used date.

1 Comment

Answer

To configure a multiple level survivorship rule using the multiple attribute and highest ranking you will need to use a case statement. The syntax for case is in the following link - https://www.semarchy.com/doc/semarchy-xdm/xdm/5.3/SemQL/functions.html#_case_expression

For example, I am trying to use multiple attribute ( PublisherID, Status) and using custom ranking option in the survivorship rule. 

I need to configure a multi level survivorship rule such that within highest priority source I select most recent value from the records. Also, Can you please share some samples for reference that can be used for custom ranking involving multiple attributes ?

The ranking expression has the following query 

CASE UPPER(PublisherID) 
  when 'MKT' then 1 
   when 'CRM' then 2  
   when 'HR' then 3 
   when 'MANUAL' then 4  
   else 5 
end 
ASC, 
CASE UPPER(Status) 
  WHEN 'ACTIVE' THEN 1  
  WHEN 'CLOSED' THEN 2  
  WHEN 'DNU' THEN 3  
ELSE 4 
END ASC, 
COALESCE(Orders, 0) DESC

COALESCE(LastUsedDate,MAKE_DATE(1900,1,1))DESC

To elaborate further, the rule  picks the preferred publisher ( highest ranked is ‘MKT’) and status (highest ranked is ‘Active’) and also picking up the lasted record by ordering on Last used date.

Login to post a comment