Start a new topic
Answered

Merge duplicates automatically

I have created a matcher to find duplicate record and when i try to persist the data through rest api, I get the following message with status as PERSIST_CANCELLED :

"failedValidations": [

{

"validationType""DETECT_DUPS",

"validationName""$DUPS_COLLISION",

"validationErrorMessage""Person>DETECT_DUPS>$DUPS_COLLISION"

}

]

My requirement is to update the existing record when the match is successful without throwing error as duplicate.

Could you please help me to resolve this.

Thanks.

Best Answer

When you try to persist the data and it throws validation error because in your payload you have activated 'ALL validations' & All match rules,because When a user creates a new record, and the DETECT_DUPS validation is active, the matcher is used to search for similar records in order to warn the user when a new entry matches existing records. So, you can remove those two lines from the payload for both employee and registration entity then it will work fine and update the data without throwing error

1 Comment

Answer

When you try to persist the data and it throws validation error because in your payload you have activated 'ALL validations' & All match rules,because When a user creates a new record, and the DETECT_DUPS validation is active, the matcher is used to search for similar records in order to warn the user when a new entry matches existing records. So, you can remove those two lines from the payload for both employee and registration entity then it will work fine and update the data without throwing error

Login to post a comment