Start a new topic
Answered

Matching across two entities

Hi All,

I am looking for options to perform matching across two different entities like Customers and Prospects, where both are modeled as different entities/domains in Semarchy.

I understand there is no direct way to match records across two entities. Would be helpful if you could share details on any custom solutions implemented or has any suggestions to identify matches between two entities.

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks.

Best Answer

Hi Vinoth,

if you were to map both customers and prospects into a single entity, you would handle a new attribute in it which would be called "Type", having values like "Customer", or "Prospect".

1. Matching between customers will have its match rule condition with a hard-coded Record1.Type="Customer" and Record2.Type="Customer" and <your condition to match customers>

2. Mathcing between customers and prospects will have its match rule condition with hard-coded values like Record1.Type<>Record2.Type and <your condition between customers and prospects>

I hope this helps!

Stéphanie.

Hi Vinoth,

modeling entities in xDM should not look exactly like database modeling. The xDM model should be there to answer the business needs. If your business needs are to make records match between Prospects and Customers, then it should be one single entity "Tier", with conditional attributes in your display collections and forms according to your type. We have seen this in many of our customers's models, as well in our internal one for your information.

I hope this helps.

Stéphanie.

Hi Stephanie.. Thanks for the inputs.  I understand that we can create specific match rules based on customer type. The requirement is to match between customers and customers as well. PFB requirements and help me some suggestions, if we were to map both into single entity.

1. Matching between customers

2. Matching between Prospects & Customers.

Thanks.

Vnioth

Answer

Hi Vinoth,

if you were to map both customers and prospects into a single entity, you would handle a new attribute in it which would be called "Type", having values like "Customer", or "Prospect".

1. Matching between customers will have its match rule condition with a hard-coded Record1.Type="Customer" and Record2.Type="Customer" and <your condition to match customers>

2. Mathcing between customers and prospects will have its match rule condition with hard-coded values like Record1.Type<>Record2.Type and <your condition between customers and prospects>

I hope this helps!

Stéphanie.

Thanks Stephanie. Will check and get back if any questions.

Vinoth

Login to post a comment