Start a new topic
Answered

Can Snowflake Be Used a Data Source for Semarchy Dashboards?

Can Snowflake Be Used a Data Source for Semarchy Dashboards?

Best Answer

Yes, Snowflake can be utilized as a Datasource for Dashboards by selecting the SQL-92 compliant database option when configuring your datasource. More information on Snowflake can be found here

Can Snowflake be used a DataSource for Semarchy Dashboards?

Answer

Yes, Snowflake can be utilized as a Datasource for Dashboards by selecting the SQL-92 compliant database option when configuring your datasource. More information on Snowflake can be found here

Can Snowflake be used a DataSource for Semarchy Dashboards?

We are also trying to see if that would also work in Redshift - the official Semarchy line that we got was that only 3 databases can be used as Data Sources, so Snowflake and Redshift are not supported fully if they are used to supplydata in a dashboard,  discovery or try to reverse engineer.   However, if there is sufficient interest in the community to improve connectivity options, they may make a commitment to add to the development roadmap.

Do you have any documentation for how to add Snowflake as a Datasource? (the link provided above does not work). Thanks!

Hi Flavius, 

You would configure  the snowflake data source in the same way as the other datasources. 

In the drop down select Other as the database type. 

Then populate the fields with the correct values. 

Thank you!

It worked very well. Thank you very much!
Will it be possible to use snowflake for everything and not use postgres at all?

Hello Fathia,

I tried to use the SnowFlake datasource to create a new location but I got an error. Do I do anything wrong or those are some known issues?

This is what I used for datasource configuration:

Driver: net.snowflake.client.jdbc.SnowflakeDriver

URL: jdbc:snowflake://xxxx.snowflakecomputing.com/?db=semarchy
username: xxxx 
password: xxxx 

Then I try to define a new data location (Application Builder -> Management -> Data Locations -> New Data Location) and I get the following error:

" You cannot deploy this model to Target Database UNKNOWN"

Any idea of what I may be doing wrong is highly appreciated.

Thank you!.

Hello Flavius, Snowflake support for xDM datalocation is not available yet. Snowflake is not meant for transactionnal queries by default, which made our performance tests look too bad to enable this support for the moment. We are collaborating with them to test their new Unistore feature that is supposed to perform much better for transactional use cases.  However, we do not have access yet to this feature preview as work is still in progress on Snowflake side.

I hope this makes sense.

Best regards,

Stéphanie.

Login to post a comment