Start a new topic
Answered

Migrating a Dashboard to Production

All,

I have created a dashboard in our dev environment.  In the application I have put it in a folder that is referenced in a navigation drawer.  I have also set the default action of the application to open this dashboard.  All works perfect in Dev.  I have exported the model and imported into production.  I have also exported the dashboard and imported it into production.  I've gone into the dashboard builder in production and did a preview and work great.  The problem I'm having, is that the dashboard doesn't show up when viewing the Application.  The icon in the navigation drawer doesn't even display.  It's like it doesn't see/know the dashboard exist.  I can not make changes in application builder in production to try to created a new link.  Any suggestions/advise is appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt Ammons

Best Answer

Steps for migration of application across enviroment 

• Check if the datasources in both the enviroment match which is critical sometime the naming convention might vary across enviroment causing the dashboard to fail 

• Validate and Deploy the application. 

Thanks,
Hitha Kishore

Also... we are on version 2023.1.0

Answer

Steps for migration of application across enviroment 

• Check if the datasources in both the enviroment match which is critical sometime the naming convention might vary across enviroment causing the dashboard to fail 

• Validate and Deploy the application. 

Thanks,
Hitha Kishore

Hi,

The issue is still here concerning to the display  in the navigation drawer ?
The dashboard name is well the same in production ?
No issue in log when you refresh the involved application ?

Regards,

Romain.

Login to post a comment